Thursday, August 18, 2005

The travel day...after shutting down TPA

Well,

I got everything done and without any injuries. Offloaded two cars, bought 3 suits, 4 pairs of shoes, picked up my UK tickets, HK work visa, signed some expenses, cleaned up the apartment for the rental office walkthrough, detailed the one of the cars (prior to selling it), gifted another Flickr (www.flickr.com) account to a friend, fowarded my mail and allowed time for a quick social bevvie. ...whew!

So....I'm riding on that high....feeling the sense of accomplishment, and it's Thursday...travel day. Lets start with Tampa, make it to the airport - fine, flight leaves on time - fine, get to Chicago - fine, leave Chicago to Hong Kong - PROBLEM.

Seems a United airlines employee (www.untied.com or www.united.com depending on how you feel.) wasn't paying attention and crashed into one of the planes engines. Upon review by the ground staff...seems our plane is BROKE!

So after having the mandatory social bevvies to ensure proper sleep on a 15 hour flight, I need to drag myself around O'hare until they can find another flight crew/plane/yadda yadda yadda.

Well it's 4pm cst, and there is another scheduled flight now for 6pm cst. You do the math, it'll be late in HK, if/when we leave. I'm handling this pretty cool (better to get off a broken plane, than fly over water with it), but some people are just losing it...so far, then men have been the worst!

Wi-fi is great, I'm the envy of those landline suckers around me.....hah hah hah....

T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|