Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Years ...part deux


So ...after a call to France at 7am, I woke a little later refreshed and ready to start of 2006. Thanks to Jenny and Wan who actually cleaned up alot last night, so I didn`t have the horror of dishes. Nice.

Ater talking to Ben-shizzle (Americans love this kind of name calling)...I was kindly reminded that I had not made any New Years resolutions...time to think! As I wanted to be accurate with reasonable goals...here they are:

1) Pass on my well wishes to the the freeking kids upstairs for the world class...running around in the apartment (till 11pm nighty)

2) Exercise more

3) Discover more of Hong Kong ...on foot (ie: not taxi ...driving by)

4) Try not to kill myself by eating at restaurants where various seafoods are mixed to ensure I get sick

5) Travel to 2 different countries that I have not been too previously in Asia.

6) Maintain a relationship (yep girlfriend) for this year in the country I AM living in. (this is not a term, but first step with expectations for the relationship to continue).

7) Attain some real estate.

8) Spend time with my Uncle and Cousins ...to catch up (Hong Kong or ????).

...After that brainfart to come up with the list...I figured #3 was easy to get at and it would kinda cover #2. So...objective of the day...WALK from my place to Pacific Place mall, shop and then walk back up to my place.

Did I mention that I live on the Peak and at the end of "Old Peak Road". Well, after downing a smoothee...I was off. Wholy crap BATMAN...my legs were burning when I finally got to the mall. I think they even got the shakes (ie: going on strike)! Shopping was a bit slower and ugh getting back up the hill - NOT SO MUCH. Taxi! I was proud of the start, but forgot to listen the old body.

I still got the benefit of #3 as I walked in the Botanical Gardens, figured out the actual walking path to the Mall and got some different pictures of HK (hence the China 2008 figures).

...I am going to sleep well tonight.

1 Comments:

At 03 January, 2006 14:01, Blogger sydneysam said...

So finally the time has come for you to buy that mansion in Spain. I can hear the waves of the Mediterranean calling you know, but might I suggest Menorca!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|