Sunday, October 02, 2005

Swing ...batta batta batta ....miss

So the work karma stuff...gone like "charlie" in a members only club in London (I not saying I know anything about taking drugs either). You see, as HK SAR was formerly under British rule, the have adopted some of the "not so bright" mannerisms from the UK. In saying this, I mean the *** empty restaurant = sorry we are fully booked tonight! *** .If you ever lived in London and came from somewhere else, you can appreciate this. It is an absolute crack up, as they have only ordered food for the people that made reservations today.

...this comes around as on Friday night, I'm out for a meal with co-workers in the Soho area of HK. Looked in on about 6 places....same response (see quote above). End up in a location "Soho Spice" where the Manager scolded the hostess for not offering us a drink and letting us wait for 5 minutes (I'm real easy...I would have waited 60 mins, on the premise of a free drink!) for a table.

We enter Soho Spice....have a fantastic meal (ugh ...too much wine) and leave the restaurant (nice tip for all involved parties). Sneak a look at the mentioned booked restuarants as leaving...still empty!

Saturday night...stimulated the economy most of the day, then was chillin and watching the fireworks from my flat (Chinese National Day) when the batphone rang. It seems help is needed in LKF (www.lankwaifong.com) to drink beers and sign loudly to the band in Insomnia. I'm a team player, so I leave the batcave.

We handle the mission and agree to go to a "hot n trendy" place. An underground bar/club called "Drop". Whoppeee! After making it there, I discover it is a pick n choose club with membership. Names were dropped and we were in...ugh ...my flat is bigger than this place....really!

So, I am in the private, gay-friendly, house music room. Whoppeee (closing eyes sequence ....... this could be Toronto, NYC, San Francisco, Miami, Dallas, Tampa, Fl Lauderdale, Paris, Barcelona, Lisbon, Stockholm, Munich, Liverpool, etc....). After 2 overprice drinks...I'm out of the club (did ask about membership as out-of-towners still this something like this is cool).

Good to know...the world is the same everywhere. The real question is: When will I find the lounge to call my "home" and find the sugar momma (sorry slipped into dream sequence).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|