Monday, May 15, 2006

feeling like I'm 22 ...joking!

The work week was not so much fun, so I made up for it on the weekend. First things first...3 times a the gym last week = check!. So on Friday, went to the "Distinguished Speakers" series and listen to a fairly Senior (in rank) speak ...from the evil empire (Microsoft ...MOZILLA forever!) .... boring ! 120 minutes of my life that I will never get back, but she did plug the hell out of the Microsoft (kinda ah-) live product. Highlight of the 120 minutes...the Professor was from Canada and managed to wrangle in a reference to Swiss Chalet....if your Canadian, it will bring you a mild chuckle.

Then started the weekend, mind you...Paul Anka was playing at the same venue ...uh huh, but I still chose to leave.

I had a social bevvie at the bank lounge, then another few in LKF. Saturday, worked again (apparently on my day off?) and then in the evening, went for an ok meal at the Fringe Club , but also purchased a membership (support the arts!). Met up at the 2121 bar in LKF, watched some footie (Liverpooooooooolllllll) and then went clubbing. Yep, I said clubbing. So enter the Dragon-I. See earlier previous posts about going to night clubs....except this one had way more posers.

Sunday ...a quick brunch for the Webbs in-town...and then off to the Big Buddha (Tian Tan). It's freakin HUGE! is the summary of the visit. Feeling all inspired and spiritual, we walked back to Tung Chung city centre (2hr hike) to lose any good vibes (I need new knees).

.... looking back, a very good weekend.

t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|