Monday, January 23, 2006

Chilled, then freaked out ....


Another week in the HK. Leading up to Chinese New Years (which is bigger than anything else). If your from the US...then rates with the Thanksgiving break there. The only differences: you chill with the family, not really a shopping deal, grad anything and everything that provides good luck to start of the new year ....oh yeah RED POCKETS. What are red pockets...you say... little evnvelopes with brand new cash in them. The idea being everytime someone wishes you happy new year (kung hei fa choi (sp?)) you give them with a pocket. Now there are suppose to be rules...but as I am considered a westerner....who knows who could be look for the dosh: kids, team mates, drivers, security guards all the single women in the office (ha ha ...shortage there)... I feel like a atm/cash machine.

Yesterday was another episode of "walk, fat boy, walk". The journey took me to Shek o Headlands. The scenic view was beautiful and the walk was a fair one. You check out my pics from there my on Flickr photos account (free), so have a look. After completing that...it was suppose to be a nice drive home....except I stepped into the Hong Kong version of Richard Petty! After about 7 near misses and a dozen efforts to ram other cars forward...I unclenched my buttocks from the seat and went inside for a shot of whiskey.

I was so sure I was going to meet my maker.

T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|